Become a Bike Commuter Have you considered biking to work?
On your drive into work, have you ever noticed a cyclist obviously commuting and admired that person? Have you thought it would be cool to ride your bike to work, or home from the office? Perhaps it's crossed your mind that bike commuting not only helps the environment and saves gas money; but it could help you stay fit, healthy and burn a few extra calories.
Despite some worthy reasons to ride your bike to work, there never seems to be a good time to start. So why not start now? Lots of people commute on their bicycles, why not you?
Tips for Commuting
Even if you commute only a handful of times, it's better than none at all. To help you get rolling, here are 13 tips for commuting on your bike.
1. Begin with an achievable distance.
2. Start with an achievable frequency.
3. Wear a helmet.
4. Wear clothing that can easily be seen by motorists.
5. Don't make a big deal out of special clothes and gear.
6. Consider cycling shorts.
7. Do a dry run on the weekend.
8. Find routes with minimal traffic.
9. Learn how to change a flat.
10. Carry a cell phone and call for help if you have significant mechanical trouble.
11. Take your clothes to work the day before you commute.