OAC Rental Rules
General Rules & Regulations
- All Oaklawn Activity Center rules, regulations, and policies apply to all facility users.
- Application for the use of the center must be made with designated personnel during normal business hours. Requests must be made by an adult, 21 years of age, of the eligible group who assumes responsibility for the group.
- This adult takes responsibility for the rental. They must be the first to enter the facility and the last to leave. Before the group departs they must insure that the facility is returned to the same condition it was before they entered.
- Areas will be reserved on a priority basis in accordance with adopted guidelines outlining priority groups.
- The Derby Recreation Commission reserves the right to “bump” a scheduled event if or when it conflicts with a group prioritized ahead of user.
- Requests should be made at least 10 days in advance of rental date and will not be accepted more than 12 months in advance.
- The responsible party assumes financial responsibility individually, and on behalf of his/her organization, for any part of the facility or contents that are damaged or stolen during hours the building was in use by the individual or organization. If damages should occur during rental or the building is not clean, the deposit will be forfeited toward clean up or repair.
- Use or possession of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, or drugs is strictly prohibited in the Oaklawn Activity Center and on the USD 260 grounds. Requesters shall be responsible for unacceptable behavior as mentioned above.
- Any decorations, coverings, or changes to the facility should be discussed and put in writing as part of the facility request. The use of adhesive tape, nails, screws, etc. on tables, equipment or facility is not permitted. All decorations should be put up and taken down on the day of the rental.
- Users are responsible for setting up of tables and chairs, taking down of tables and chairs, thorough clean up and dumping of trash. Trash bin is located on the East side of building.
- It is the responsibility of individual or organization to furnish all other equipment it may need including audio/video equipment, trash bags, cooking utensils, dishes and other special equipment required for its exclusive use.
- The Derby Recreation Commission is not responsible for damage or loss of personal property by anyone participating in or attending activities scheduled by any group.
- The DRC maintains the right to add additional personnel, and make appropriate charges for such personnel (i.e. supervisor, custodial).
- Adequate supervision must be planned prior to any youth event. An adult supervisor, 21 years of age or older is required for every 25 youth in attendance. The DRC is not responsible for the supervision of any group.
- Users shall vacate the building at the time designated on the request. The individual or group using the building will be charged for time spent in the facility beyond the contracted amount.
- Food and refreshments shall be allowed in designated areas only.