Derby Health Collaborative
Derby Health Collaborative
The Derby Health Collaborative (DHC) is a group of organizations in Derby and USD 260 that have come together to fulfill a common mission - to improve the health and well-being of thecitizens residing in the USD 260 community. Formed in 2010, DHC is composed of community organizations, policy makers, businesses, health providers and community residents working together to be powerful advocates for legislation, organizational and environmental change. As a network, we provide an opportunity for joint planning, system-wide problem solving and collaborative policy development to ensure that the voices of all community sectors are represented in public health prevention programs.
2016 Year End Report
2015 Year End Report
Vision-To create a community culture that values health above all else.
Mission-To improve the health and well-being of the citizens residing in the USD 260 community.
- Educate and engage community members where they live, work, worship, play, and learn.
- Analyze local health issues to influence effective action.
- Shape policies, systems and sustainable environments that promote health and quality of life.
- Create sustainable, community-based improvements that address the root causes of chronic disease and promote self management of disease.
- Learn from other’s efforts to be prepared so future health challenges are met.
- Avoid tobacco and nicotine use
- Exercise 30 minutes most days
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet full of fruits and vegetables
- Get regular medical and dental care, including routine screenings and immunizations
- Avoid risky behaviors (i.e. drug and alcohol misuse, UVA exposure, texting while driving, etc.)
- Acquire behavioral/mental health care when needed
- Utilize safety measures (i.e. cross walks, car seats, seat belts, bike helmets, etc.)
- Keep a healthy home environment
- Membership is free and meetings are once a month. Please join us as we work together to make USD 260 the healthiest it can be!
For more information on how to become a part of the Derby Health Collaborative, please contact us.
|American Family Insurance||Gage Chiropractic|
|Amerigroup Community Relations Rep||GraceMed|
|Arthur J Gallagher & Company||Health ICT|
|Brackeen Chiropractic||Carr Optometry|
|City of Derby||Kansas Academy of Family Physicians|
|Community, Mandy Rey||Komen/SE KS Cancer Partnership|
|Community, Maureen Clark||Mulvane Family MedCenter|
|Community/Butler Community College||Oaklawn Community Center|
|Community, Joan Major||Oxford Senior Living|
|Derby Chamber of Commerce||Parents As Teachers|
|Derby Family MedCenters||Riordan Clinic|
|Derby Public Library||Sunflower Health Plan|
|Derby Public Schools||The Little Clinic|
|McConnell Air Force Base||Wichita State University|
|Derby Recreation Commission||Woodlawn United Methodist Church|
|Derby Senior Center||Lifestyle Strategies, INC|
|Dopps Chiropractic||K-State Research and Extension Sedgwick County|
|Derby Community Foundation||Derby Nutrition|